Marketing Sherpa has just released a new version of the Search Marketing Benchmark Guide.
This report is 100% newly researched including all new self-reported data from 3,271 marketers. Over 210 charts and tables are included plus 7 color eye-tracking heatmaps.
There’s a tremendous amount of useful data so you can compare your campaigns to the “norm” based on:
- Cost per click
- Average click rate
- Conversion rates
- How much marketers really budget for search
- Optimization vs PPC results
One area I am particularly interested in is in regard to how SEO (search engine optimization) results & costs compare to Pay per Click search ad results & costs (ie: Google ad words). Especially in light of the iProspect and JupiterResearch study showing that three times more marketers see a higher ROI from SEO than SEM.
This year’s Benchmark Guide also includes 6 Research Reports:
- 1: Eyetracking Study Results for Top 4 Search Engines & Top 3 Shopping Search Sites
- 2: B-to-B Search Marketing
- 3: Affiliates and Search Research Report
- 4: Public Relations & Search Engine Optimization
- 5: Shopping Search
- 6: Local Search and Pay per Call
There’s a lot more to this new report than I’m going to write about here, so check out the Benchmark Guide page Marketing Sherpa has setup and see for yourself.
Tags: marketing sherpa, benchmark guide, web analytics, search marketing