SEMPO has kicked off their second “State of Search Engine Marketing” survey.
You can view information about last year’s survey where some very interesting insight was gained:
- Advertisers expect to spend $4bn on search marketing
- Paid search was allocated 81%
- Organic search was allocated 12%
- Paid inclusion was allocated 4%
- Brand awareness was the #1 goal for search marketing
- Advertisers expected to spend 39% more on search marketing on average over the previous year
Founding member and Chairman of SEMPO, Kevin Lee, provides a great breakdown on the details of the current survey on his ClickZ column.
“Marketers want to know what practices, attitudes, best practices, and benchmarks are common within the search marketplace. The survey will go beyond gathering data. It will establish benchmarks to help the industry understand advertisers’ and agencies’ motivations and attitudes.”
If you work in search marketing: paid search, organic, paid inclusion as an agency or on the client side, take a few minutes and complete the State of Search Engine Marketing” survey.
Tags: SEMPO, survey, search marketing