Last year I started a new feature for this blog called “Spotlight on Search” and have been able to do quite a few interviews that were pretty interesting. I have my favorites, but after looking at the site visitor statistics and RSS feed stats, here are the top five “Spotlight on Search” interviews according to readers of Online Marketing Blog for blog posts and RSS feeds:
Popular Blog Posts
- Matt Cutts on Toolbar Data
- Interview with Eric Ward of URLwire
- Interview with Todd Malicoat aka Stuntdubl
- Brett Tabke Interview on Pubcon WebmasterWorld
- Interview with Dan Thies of SEO Research Labs
Popular RSS Feed Items
- Interview with Jill Whalen of High Rankings
- Interview with Andrew Goodman of Traffick
- Interview with Daron Babin of WebmasterRadio.FM
- Brett Tabke Interview on Pubcon & WebmasterWorld
- Web Analytics Demystified – Interview with Eric T. Peterson
I think it’s pretty interesting how different the popular blog posts are from the RSS feed. Basically it’s indicative of the difference between the blog subscribers and visitors via links or search.
Doing these interviews has been a great way to produce interesting content and to get to know some of the most interesting people in search marketing. I now have a queue of about 10 people for future interviews but am curious who you would like to see interviewed.