It’s all part of doing business in the industry, but I’ve been dealing with more and more parasites lately, so here’s my new definition:
- Competing agencies that do not specialize in search marketing, but are too lazy to learn. They leech off of your information and good nature for their own betterment offering nothing in return and call it “co-opetition”.
- Prospects that try every trick in the book to suck how-to information out of you in the name of “learning about the SEO process”.
- Content spammers, copyright and trademark hacks who will take every last opportunity to rob you of your brand and content.
What do you do?
- Be smarter about how you package information and be more conservative about setting expectations
- Qualify prospects quickly and be happy to just say no
- Monitor your brand/content and do something about it when it matters