Are you the next big thing in search engine marketing? Then head over to Marketing Pilgrim for Andy Beal’s new Search Engine Marketing Scholarship Contest.
Andy asked me if I would be interested in judging articles submitted and of course I said yes! Other judges include: Rand Fishkin, Mike Grehan, Jennifer Grappon & Gradiva Couzin, Kim Krause Berg, Robin Nobles, Barry Schwartz, Aaron Wall and David Warmuz. You can read the press release, or check out the details below:
The contest will run throughout October and entrants will be asked to submit an article on the subject of search engine optimization, paid search advertising or social media optimization. The winner will receive a scholarship valued in excess of $5,000 which includes:
- A full conference pass to the Search Engine Strategies conference held in Chicago this December.
- A 2-day pass to an upcoming Search Engine Workshop with the choice of “Beginner” or “Advanced” training levels.
- A one-year subscription to KeywordDiscovery.com, the popular keyword research tool.
- A copy of Aaron Wall‚Äôs “SEO Book”.
- A copy of “Search Engine Optimization: An Hour a Day” by authors Jennifer Grappone and Gradiva Couzin.
- One-on-one consulting and training with search engine marketing consultant Andy Beal.
- More prizes to be announced.
Article entries will be published on four consecutive Monday‚Äôs in October, starting on October 9th. Send your scholarship entries to scholarship AT marketingpilgrim.com.
This is a win win situation for the entrants, winner and definitley for Andy as we all know a good marketing promotion when we see one. It would have been nice if there was something like this back in 1996. The lucky winner is definitely going to have a leg up over others trying to get into the search marketing biz.