You may have noticed some tagging going on around the blogosphere today. Not the SMO kind of tagging but the “tag you’re it” kind of tagging. Marshall Sponder over at Web Metrics Guru got me yesterday, but I just noticed this afternoon.
Jeff Pulver started things off with this Holiday version of Blog Tag and this is the way it works: Once you’re tagged by another blogger, you write five things most people don’t know about you and then “tag” five other bloggers.
If you’re a regular reader to this blog, you’ll know I’m not one for many (if any) “cat posts” so it will be pretty easy for me to hit on a few things most people don’t know about me.
1. I played football in high school (Center and Defensive Tackle) and our team won the state championship with only 13 points given up the entire season. That was a very memorable experience.
2. I spent 2 years on active duty in the Army (Ft. Richardson, AK) and about 3 years in the reserves. It was all during peacetime and an absolute cakewalk compared to what those brave soldiers are going through right now in Iraq.
3. During college, I studied in Aalborg, Denmark for 9 months with side trips to Italy, Hungary and a trip to Moscow. We also did spring break in what was then known as Leningrad.
4. We haven’t had television at our house in 5 years but I am a movie fanatic and have about 1500 VHS and DVDs. It’s a good thing for Netflix or I would have double that.
5. When I was much younger, talking to groups of people and writing were two things I absolutely dreaded. I was very, very shy. Now writing is at the center of my livelihood and I had 10+ speaking gigs this year, one of which was in front of over 1,000 people. It’s amazing what can happen when you’re passionate about your work.