It’s pretty common knowledge that talented SEO professionals are in high demand. Agencies, companies and businesses that would not normally offer search marketing as a service are looking for SEO, SEM, copywriting, analytics and coding professionals. As a result, companies are offering a variety of enticements or perks to attract and keep quality individuals.
If you are a search marketing professional, (management, acct management, production, support) What are the perks or benefits that make you the most satisfied with your job? Note, this is not what attracts you to change jobs, but what are those perks that make you want to stay, even the oddball reasons.
What do you like most about your search marketing job?
- The client projects are fun, interesting, challenging (24%, 18 Votes)
- You are truly appreciated for your expertise and contributions (20%, 15 Votes)
- Flexible hours, work from home or office (17%, 13 Votes)
- It's all about the money (9%, 7 Votes)
- Fun atmosphere/environment at work (9%, 7 Votes)
- Stong leadership and vision in the company (7%, 5 Votes)
- Coworkers that share your values and work ethic (7%, 5 Votes)
- Paid attendance to industry conferences (5%, 4 Votes)
- Travel often or no travel at all (1%, 1 Votes)
- World of Warcraft - anytime, foosball, stocked fridge, etc (1%, 1 Votes)
- Benefits: generous time off, top medical, on site day care, etc (0%, 0 Votes)
- Happy hour every Friday (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 76
Of course there’s no way to anticipate all the attributes of companies that make people satisfied with their job, so feel free to share your ideas on this in the comments. What makes you love your job in the search marketing industry?