While working on a review of StandardStats from FeedBurner, the only real negative thing I could come up with was the fact that the install wasn’t simple for non-techies. Sure it’s easy for some, but I thought it could be easier. So I created the FeedBurner StandardStats WordPress plugin.
FB StandardStats makes installing FeedBurner’s stats code simple. No files to edit and no wondering if you got the code in the right place. Simply put in your user ID and the plugin will do the rest.
As a bonus, the plugin can also be used to show FeedFlare links on each blog post.
- Download FB StandardStats 1.0b
- Upload fb_standardstats.php to the /plugins/ directory of your blog.
- Activate via the Plugins area in WordPress’ admin.
- Go to the FB StandardStats options page and enter your StandardStats ID. Instructions on finding this ID are on the FB StandardStats options page.
That’s it. The plugin automatically enters in the code to the template files and you’ll start getting stats as soon as you get visitors.
Let me know what issues you run across and any success stories too. I’ve got it running on three blogs including this one and it seems to work fine.
Note: The plugin has been tested under WordPress 2.0.2, 2.0.7 and 2.1 with no issues. It also has been tested by FeedBurner and there appears to be no issues. However, I can’t guarantee it’s bug free. Backup your blog to be safe as I’d feel really bad if something went wrong.
- 1.0b – 2/6/2007 – Updated to not display code from feed.
- 1.0a – 2/2/2007 – Initial version.