The winds of change are blowing in the search marketing conference scene this year with more offerings than ever. The big conferences persist, while new challengers as well as smaller and more practical seminars emerging.
SEO and Paid Search education is not limited to conferences with the DMA Search Engine Marketing Certification and the SEMPO Institute launching recently. However, conferences and seminars offer the added benefit of networking, prospecting and the kind of after hours education on topics that simply are not publicly available.
Which leads me to this week’s Reader Poll on conferences or seminars that offer search engine optimization and/or paid search marketing content.
What conference has been the best for gaining "how to" SEO/SEM knowledge?
- Search Engine Strategies (49%, 44 Votes)
- WebmasterWorld Pubcon (31%, 28 Votes)
- High Rankings SEM Seminar (8%, 7 Votes)
- ad:tech (3%, 3 Votes)
- eTail (3%, 3 Votes)
- Mediapost Search Insider (1%, 1 Votes)
- DMA Annual Conference (1%, 1 Votes)
- DM Days (1%, 1 Votes)
- ACCM (1%, 1 Votes)
- Emarketing Association (0%, 0 Votes)
- Affiliate Summit (0%, 0 Votes)
- eComXpo (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 89
There are many regional and industry specific conferences I may have not listed, so be sure to mention them in the comments.