Over the past 6 months we’ve been doing a bit of resource aggregation regarding social media both as a practical application for marketing client content online as well as reviewing research conducted on social media usage. There’s not a lot of research out there but here are a few interesting reports:
- University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth’s Center for Marketing Research – Inc. 500 Companies Fast Adopters of Social Media
- Yahoo! and comScore Networks Study Reveals Influential Consumers Can Be Reached Through Search, Social Media and Communication Tools
I am curious what kinds of social media that search marketers and readers of Online Marketing Blog use the most often, so here’s a poll for you.
What kind of social media do you personally use most often?
- Social Bookmarking / Tagging (del.icio.us) (34%, 25 Votes)
- Social News Sites (digg, newsvine) (24%, 18 Votes)
- Social Networking (LinkedIn, MySpace) (12%, 9 Votes)
- Wiki (Wikipedia) (11%, 8 Votes)
- Video Sharing (YouTube) (8%, 6 Votes)
- Podcast (iTunes) (7%, 5 Votes)
- Image Sharing (Flickr) (4%, 3 Votes)
Total Voters: 74
The choices are limited, so if there is an emerging channel or something I’ve simply not listed, make sure to mention it in the comments.