WordPress.com is all the rage, but Blogger has been around for quite a while and there are a few perks to using it. Here are a few I could come up with.
- Editable Templates – No extra fee here, you can customize your Blogger templates to meet your needs.
- Easier Widgets – This one comes from Anthony who feels that the ability to add widgets (or page elements) to Blogger is easier than over at WordPress.
- AdSense – Blogger makes adding ads quite easy. Before you know it, you’ll be making a quarter a day!
- Video Upload – Currently in draft mode, but Blogger is going to allow direct video uploading into your post. The functionality is much like you already do for images. Sadly it doesn’t also publish to YouTube from what I can tell.
- FeedBurner – FeedBurner functionality is built right in now that Google owns FeedBurner. More integration is probably coming too.
- Publish via FTP – This is a big one, the ability to FTP your files to a directory on your own site is great. This means you can host your own blog, on your own site, regardless of your server setup.
- Free Domain Mapping – If you have your own URL, you can get domain mapping for free.
- Google Love – Some people believe that since Google owns Blogger, you get better rankings and traffic right out of the gate. Not sure if I believe this, but I thought I’d add it.
Those are the items I could come up with. I feel as if my list is coming up a bit short though. Anyone else know of some nice Blogger features that maybe the other hosted blogging solutions don’t have?