Yahoo Mash Beta – New Social Networking Platform

I’ve updated my Yahoo mash profile page a bit over the weekend and with the help of a few friends. Note: if you have some mischievous friends, you may want to turn off their ability to edit or “mash” your profile page or it might start sporting another company’s logo as your background image, as was the case on my profile for a few hours on Saturday.

Mash is very easy to use with drag and drop modules ala Facebook but with the unique feature of allowing others to add and/or modify modules or even visual settings, depending on the sharing settings. You get a short URL, mash.yahoo.com/leeodden is mine, for example, but you need to be logged in to Yahoo and have a mash account to see the content.

I’ve seen a few ads and initially, I thought they were rather large, but they do flow well with the rest of the page regardless of your visual or layout settings. As people build out more and more modules, not unlike what’s happening at Facebook, there should be more productive networking tools like group management and calendar related features. Yahoo’s other social networking project, Y360 pretty much tanked, so there will need to be more than just “fun” applications, especially with the huge head start MySpace and Facebook have. One ace in the hole for Yahoo is it’s huge list of registered users.

After the flurry of the initial launch, many eyes will be watching to see how Yahoo mash pans out. Thanks to Michael Brito for the invite.

yahoo mash

Here’s a screen shot of my new Yahoo mash beta account. By the time someone reads this there will be a LOT more “friends” listed.

More later as it’s late night on Friday and I need sleep. In the meantime, Techcrunch has a write up.

Comments

1. Hi,
    nice screenshot! Could you send me an invitation too, please!
    I am so curios, but also want to meet new friends.
    my e-mail address is [email protected]
    thank you!

2. This yahoo Mash seem like more similar to Google Orkut now(from the screen shot). I would like to try on it too, so i can do a comparison on it. Can someone send me an invitation, please! My email address is [email protected]. Thank in Advance!

3. Awesome! I would love to get an invite too!

4. This looks great, could someone please send me an invitation? My email is: [email protected]

5. Sounds interesting. Send me an invite?
    [email protected]

6. After playing with it for a little while, I have to agree that it’s a nice application, but something doesn’t feel right about it to me.

It’s fun, sure. It’s cute, sure. But finding friends seems unintuitive. For instance, the only way to search (and I use that term loosely) for friends is through their tag system.

you may want to turn off their ability to edit or “mash” your profile page or it might start sporting another company’s logo…

That’s something else that makes me wonder, will the changes made by other people be visible to everyone else or only to the person who mashed the page? In case it is visible to everyone else, what happens when two people are mashing the page at the same time?

Time for more Red Bull.

~ Teli

7. Please also send an invite to mash (at) assist.com

It may even be worth a few hundred links to your blog from our Social Networking Directory 🙂

Thanks!

~ Brian

8. You guys should review MindViz.com – it’s been around longer than these new sites and has some of these so called middle of the road features.. I hate to see a site like Mash get the props for being a middle of the road Facebook / MySpace when MindViz has had such an all encompasing angle to social networking since it began. Unfortunately MindViz isn’t some big corp with tons of marketing power so I guess you wouldn’t see it reviewed much, which is rather sad since it is such a quality product.

Morgan

9. Jason Baker says:

Could i get an invite for this please? [email protected]

10. Hey Hi Guys,

Yahoo mash looks great. Can someone send me an invitation, please! My email address is [email protected]

Thanks in Advance,
    ANJURAG VISHNOI,

11. could u please invite me? [email protected]

12. Is there anyone out there willing to send me an invite to yahoo mash…please. [email protected]

13. Please invite me: [email protected]
    Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. I would really love it if one of u people send me an invite
    my email address is [email protected]

15. I am hear about yahoo Mash from your blog. Can you send me an invite for using Mash? My English is not very well yet. So I can not write more for you. My email: [email protected] . Thanks

16. I am curious and so excited about this that I forgot to leave my email address….it’s [email protected]. Please send me an invite…:) Thanks!

17. Hi
    Send me an invitation to mash please
    I like to try it
    Thanks

18. Hi
    This looks great can you send me an invition please.
    Thanks

19. send me an invitation please
    [url][email protected][/url]
    I’d like to try it!!!!!
    thanks!!!!!!!!

20. send me an invitation please
    I’d like to try it!!!!!
    thanks!!!!!!!!

21. This looked so cool in the first article I read, I went straight to InviteShare to sign on. But apparently I need an invite from someone already on the system. Would LUV one, if you PLZ. Am hoping I can still keep the ID I signed on for earlier today.
    writerluvscoffee yahoo com.

22. plsssss send me an invitation too ..thksss

23. can i get one invite at [email protected]

thx

24. send me an invitation please
    I’d like to try it!!!!!
    thanks!!!!!!!

25. send me an invitation please
    thanks

26. hi plz send me an invite too i wanna join as soon as possible

27. plz send me, too ! My email is [email protected]

28. This looks awesome. can somebody send me an invite toooo…..pleeeeeezzzz.

29. Its a nice site, I saw there were no responses to invites so I went through all the comments and sent invites to all that weren’t members yet, there were a few that I couldn’t check as I didn’t have an email to send. I have more if anyone needs an invite.

Enjoy

30. hi plz send me an invite too i wanna join as soon as possible

31. Sounds like fun! Please send an invite to [email protected]. Thanks!

32. Please sen me an invite ASAp looks like great fun thanks

33. Also looking for an invite. Email me at [email protected]

34. Would like to check it out, can I have a invite please. [email protected]

35. I want to know, why just few ppl can invite us to yahoo mash…and most of all, who started doing the invites…

What happens when you don`t know anyone?
    Does it mean you have to add with some stranger in order to get it?

I don`t see the point of it, although i understand they are trying to make it more private??? but eventually many will be connected somehow…

36. pls send me an invite too…….

37. This looks awesome, could you please send me an invite, Thanks much~~*~**

38. could you please send me an invitation? Thanks a lot!

39. pls send me an invite of yahoo mash [email protected]

40. Send me an invite please.
    Thank you.

41. Hi
    This looks great can you send me an invition please.
    Thanks

42. Mostafa Bagheri says:

Send me an invite please.
    Thank you.
    [email protected]

43. Yeah yahoo mash looks very promising. I even started a Mash Styles, Mash comments, backgrounds etc. all kind of Mash resources site. If you want to pimp your profile check my site Mash Styles

44. nguyen tran says:

hey , could u give me an invite too , plzz ?
    my email is [email protected]

45. hi there…mash looks pretty cool….could u plz send me an invite….my id is [email protected]….

46. Hi all, Please invite me at mash.yahoo.com. My email is: [email protected]

47. Hey, any chance of an invite to [email protected]
    Thanx

48. Hi everybody, Please invite me at mash.yahoo.com. Thanks you very much! My email: [email protected]

49. Please invite me
    thankyou verymuch

50. Hi all, pls invite me to join “Mash”. Thanks in advance.

51. armin armini says:

Please invite me
    thankyou verymuch

52. hi !
    i am nam from vietnam , i speak english not better, i am sorry . i want intive yahoo mash , can you help me? please help me
    thank you very much ! see again

53. my email :goodbye_love114

54. haihaidong says:

hello!
    can you given intive blog.mash.yahoo for me ?
    i like blog my email :[email protected]

55. haihaidong says:

i want you intive blog yahoo mash ok?

56. hi!Please invite me at mash.yahoo.com. My email [email protected]

57. thank you very much!!

58. could you invite me plz??? my email is [email protected]
    thanks you so much.i’m very interested in yahoo mash so plz hepl me 🙂

59. could you invite me plz??? my email is [email protected]
    Thanks you so much !

60. Hey!!!
    Could u pls give me an invitation for yahoo mash??
    it looks awesome!!

61. my yahoo id is

62. Please invite me at mash.yahoo.com. My email is: [email protected]

63. Could you send me an invitation too, please

64. Quenidalee says:

I also would like to have an invite to check it out. Thanks
    email [email protected]

65. hi could you please send me an invite im very curious to check this out my address is [email protected]

66. This looks great, could someone please send me an invitation? My email is: [email protected]

67. hi. can you invite me to yahoo mash beta? Thanks

68. I am hear about yahoo Mash from your blog. Can you send me an invite for using Mash? My English is not very well yet. So I can not write more for you. My email:[email protected] Thanks very much!

Hi…tôi đến từ Việt Nam.Vì vốn tiếng Anh rất dở nên đã copy comment của ThiênÂn.Xin lỗi!Nhưng tôi muốn gia nhập yahoo beta vì tôi muốn tạo blog cho lớp.Cảm ơn các bạn rất nhiều…:D

69. Plz invite me
    thxs ya very much

70. PLEASE INVITE ME. EMAIL [email protected].

THANKS

71. from the screenshot this really looks great and promising
    i will really try it.
    can someone plz send the invite to me. my id is [email protected]

72. pls invite me in yahoo mash . My id is ” [email protected]
    Thanks

73. damatrix_king says:

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i’ve been tryin to get an invite for a month, help me outtttttttttttttttt
    My e mail is [email protected].
    Thxs thxs and more thanks

74. send me an invitation please

75. invite me plsss!! thanks a lot

76. give me an invitation plsss!!! thanks

77. my mail is [email protected]

78. please send me an invite and help me do it
    thanks
    mail: [email protected]

79. pls invite me in yahoo mash . My id is ” [email protected]
    Thanks

80. Invite me too!:(

81. vikas vats says:

plz inviti karo mujhe bhiiiiiiiiiiiiiii plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

82. peterpaint1008 says:

please invite me in yahoo mash
    email:peterpaint1008

83. peterpaint1008 says:

give me an invitation plsss!!! thanks
    email: [email protected]

84. vikas vats says:

invite karooooooooo plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

85. Coolsam_sk says:

Hi. I also want to enjoy new Yahoo Mash. So would u please send me a Yahoo Mash Invite. My mail id is [email protected] Thanks. Take Care

86. Vuong Linh says:

please invite [email protected]

87. Vuong Linh says:
  88. Hi, please invite me: [email protected]

89. Thanh Tin says:

Please invite me : [email protected]

90. that’s so interesting! Please invite me

91. Hi, please invite me. I wanna check it out! My email is [email protected].

Thank you very much! 🙂

92. Hi, please invite me. I wanna check it out! My email is [email protected]

Thank you very much! 🙂

93. want you invite blog yahoo mash [email protected]
    Thank you very much!

94. hoang quan says:

please invite me ! My email is : [email protected]
    thanks!

95. Wana try too! Please invite me! My email is: [email protected] Thanx a lot! 😀

96. plz send me the invite pllll by [email protected]

97. Please send me an invite to [email protected]
    thanks,
    xuan.

98. only_love_1by1 says:

^_^ can you send for me invitation at :[email protected] .Thanks so much !

99. plz invite me. thanks so much
    ([email protected])

100. plz invite me too…

101. Teresa Baker says:

I just got word of this new Yahoo, and would love to give it a try. Could you please send me an invite. Thanks

102. Teresa Baker says:

sorry forgot to give you my e-mail

103. hi.. could i get an invitation too? i’m really excited to explore the new way blogging on smash..tks^^

104. please invite me to Yahoo!Mash

105. I also want to try something new, would you invite me to Yahoo ! Mash too , thank you !
    My email is : [email protected]

106. Hi
    This looks great can you send me an invition to [email protected]
    please.
    Thanks so much!

107. hoang viet says:

send me an invitation please…

108. hey , could u give me an invite too

109. please invite me

110. Recently my ladyhawk.8179 got hacked and then closed, my mash was connected to that id, now i can not get into my mash, i have all my things in my mash id, and can not get into it, can there be some way they can change my mash to be connected to ladyhawk_of_love. i do not want another mash id, i like the one that i now have.

111. please invite me: [email protected]

112. please invite me to Yahoo!Mash :[email protected]

113. hey great work.. i m very late to this….. can u send me invite ….plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…

114. Please invite me to Yahoo Mash: [email protected]
    Thanks so much!

115. Please invite me to Yahoo Mash.
    this is my email: [email protected]

116. Please invite me to Yahoo Mash [email protected]

117. thuynguyen says:

Please invite me to Yahoo Mash too.Thanks.
    My e-mail : [email protected]

118. Try getting invitation on different email address.
    I had a friend with similar problem and this helped.

Regards,

119. Hi, can you send me an invitation? thanks

120. send me an invitation please!

121. levanhuongbalan says:

122. lequangthach says:

pls send me an invite

123. please invite me in yahoo mash. thanks you verry much
    email:[email protected]

124. prince.0c_kute says:

please invite me in yahoo mash. thanks you verry much
    email:[email protected]

125. phoebe pham says:

could someone give me the website for yahoo mash plz!!i would appreciate that person so much..!!

126. please invite me in yahoo mash. thanks you very much

127. this is my mail address [email protected]

128. plz plz plz can i have an invite my mail addy is [email protected]

129. please send me an invite……….Thanks

130. tolong jemput saya 🙁

131. varda agrawal says:

heyyyyyy nice site wanna log on 2 chat wid u people do send me an invite plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

ma id iz [email protected]

132. nguyenkissy says:

please send me an invite.thanks

133. please invite me in yahoo mash. thanks so much
    [email protected]

134. would love to get a invitation to look at this, My e-mail is [email protected] that is a j by the way lol
    thanks sky

135. plese invite me in yahoo mash.thanks.

136. Smallrat268 says:

Hi ! Could you please send me a Y!Mash invation? Thanks so much in advance

137. How do I get an invite?

138. HI ! Could you send me a Y!Mash invation! I wish I could use Y!Mash and shared with my friends. thanks so much.
    My e-mail is [email protected]

139. plzz invite me, my e-mail is [email protected] , thank you very much

140. plzz invite too, my e-mail: [email protected], thanks so much

141. Could you send me a invitation to [email protected]
    Thanks

142. plese invite me in yahoo mash.thanks
    [email protected]

143. Could you send me a YM mash invitation pls? my email is [email protected] Thanks so much 🙂

144. MyMashStuff says:

Whoever wants an invite can email me. You can find some help for Mash at http://mymashstuff.com . My email is on the site too

145. levanhuongbalan says:

Hi ! Could you please send me a Y!Mash invation? Thanks so much in advance

146. caronlyn_88 says:

My e-mail is [email protected]

147. HI ! Could you send me a Y!Mash invation!
    Thanks so much.

148. could u pliz invite me to YMash, if so, thank u very much

149. pls send me a Y!Mash invitation at [email protected]

150. nhocngoc_iuanh306 says:

pls send me a Y!Mash invitation at [email protected]

151. nhocngoc_iuanh306 says:

152. Tran Khanh Hung says:

I want to be invited to Mash, please. thanks

153. send me a Y!Mash invitation at [email protected]

thz u so much,much,much :)) !!

154. please invite me please … my email : [email protected]

155. nice………could you send an invitation 2 ?
    [email protected]

156. Please invite me (my e-mail: [email protected])to Mash. Thanks a million.

157. Mai Nhu* Nam says:

Please invite me! Thank you very much!

158. Mai Nhu* Nam says:

My e-mail: [email protected]

159. Need n invite please and many thanks in advance

[email protected]

160. Can I get an invite someone please ??? Thanks !!!

161. Jenny Thompson says:

Can I get an invite to Mash?

162. can i get invitation?

163. could you invite me plz??? my email is [email protected]

164. Eugene Tan says:

pls send me an invitation.

165. Please send an invite

166. Mr.SMART says:

hi plz send me an invite too i wanna join as soon as possible

167. Mr.SMART says:

hi plz send me an invite too i wanna join as soon as possible
    [email protected]

168. To get a yahoo mash invte there are many user websites and groups going on. You just have to visit them or be a free meber and they will send you a invite.

169. please send em an inviatation
    thanks Hadar

170. Please send me a invite. I am so tired of 360, please help!

171. Wow, Yahoo is finally trying to catch up. Would appreciate any invite from anyone who’s mashing!

172. Momenul says:

Any1 can send me a invitation? my add is as below

173. please invite me into yahoo mash i’m tired of yahoo360
    my e-mail is : [email protected]
    tanx

Trackbacks

1. Yahoo! Mash Unmasked - Profy.Com says:

[…] Metrics Guru, “In fact, Yahoo! Mash was so boring it probably sent Lee Odden to sleep… he knows when he wakes up he'll have a ton more Yahoo! Mash friends….how much more […]