At ad:tech last week, fellow PR/new media marketing practitioner and blogger, Rohit Bhargava and I were talking about his new book, “Personality Not Included – Why Brands Lose Their Authenticity and How Great Companies Get it Back”, and he mentioned that I should send him a list of recommended reading for a new bookstore feature he’s adding to his blog.
I thought that was a great idea and with so many smart marketers reading Online Marketing Blog, I’d like to invite you to share a few of your favorite books on the subjects of marketing online, social media and new media public relations.
I’ll start with the list I sent Rohit which includes a few books that are several years old but most are fairly new or soon to be released:
- The Long Tail – Chris Anderson
- Join the Conversation – Joseph Jaffe
- The New Influencers – Paul Gillin
- The Search – John Battelle
- The New Rules of Marketing & PR – David Meerman Scott
- Now is Gone – Geoff Livingston & Brian Solis
- Do It Wrong Quickly, How the Web Changes the Old Marketing Rules – Mike Moran
- Search Engine Marketing Inc – Bill Hunt, Mike Moran
- The Corporate Blogging Book – Debbie Weil
- Waiting for Your Cat to Bark – Jeff & Bryan Eisenberg
- The Eyes Have It – Kevin Lee & Steve Baldwin
- Lead Generation for the Complex Sale – Brian J. Carroll
- Duct Tape Marketing – John Jantsch
- Seth Godin’s “Meatball Sundae – Is Your Marketing Out of Synch?” is scheduled for release in December
You can find and order or pre-order all of these books at Amazon or BN.com.
Do you have a recommended reading list of books for better online marketing and PR? Please share in the comments.