There’s a first time for everything dear readers and today is the first time we do not have new BIGLIST SEO/SEM blog reviews and feeds to be added to the already bloated RSS reader of your choice. That’s not to say we don’t have several in queue, but they’re too new or there are other reasons it’s not time yet. It might also have to do with the fact I’ve been on the road the past week+ and haven’t had as much time to explore new SEM blogs.
Alternatively, I’ll use this post as a reminder of what it is we look for to be included in the BIGLIST.
- At least 80% on search, social media marketing or web marketing.
- Post at least once weekly. We do get liberal on this from time to time, but less than once a month saves no one. Including industry legends like Eric Ward.
- Don’t email post in the comments a request to be added. You go back to the end of the line.
- Do email or post a link to something of value and relevant to search, social media marketing or web marketing. Trust me, if it’s good and it’s your blog, it will get added.
- Make an effort to design the blog and take it easy on the blatant AdSense ads
- Make it easy to tell what your blog is about
- Make it easy to find out who is writing the blog
- Make it easy to subscribe to your blog
- Make it easy to find past posts: categories, related, archives, tags, text search
There you go. It’s blogging 101. Next week we will undoubtedly have new SEO/SEM blogs for your review. Until then, have a great weekend.