In order to tap into the “wisdom of our crowd” and much appreciated readers, we run polls to find out what client and agency side marketers are thinking. Popular polls have included the rating of favorite resources like whether multiple search conferences can exist and succeed to the best keyword research tools.
It’s the end of the year and predictions will soon start to fill the search marketing blogosphere. In anticipation of what the next year will bring to the search marketing industry, I ask this question to stimulate some ideas and conversation:
What will be the big stories in search marketing in 2008?
- "Real" Solutions to Click Fraud (20%, 26 Votes)
- Mobile Search Explodes (14%, 18 Votes)
- Heavier Integration of User Data and Personalized Search in Standard Results (13%, 17 Votes)
- Death of SEO as we know it (10%, 13 Votes)
- Social Media Marketing Explodes (9%, 12 Votes)
- Google Winning/Losing Market Share in a Big Way (7%, 9 Votes)
- Social Networks as Search Platforms (6%, 8 Votes)
- Record Search Marketing Budget Levels (6%, 8 Votes)
- Social Media Marketing Jumps the Shark (5%, 6 Votes)
- Increasing Searcher Sophistication (4%, 5 Votes)
- New Paid Search Channels (2%, 3 Votes)
- Search Marketing Agency Consolidation (2%, 2 Votes)
- Search Engine Consolidation (2%, 2 Votes)
- Death of Universal Search (2%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 131
If your answer is not in the poll above, please share in the comments. These are really only the tip of the iceberg. Also, You can also choose up to 2 trends.