As mentioned in a previous post, universal search is a hot topic here at SMX West.
My first session of the day: The Blended Search Revolution revealed insights from the major search engines about how they are â€˜compilingâ€™ the universal search results and how companies should take advantage of the opportunity.
Universal search leverages new content such as news results, images and videos.
Specifically, David Bailey from Google shared these five tips (some obvious, some maybe not) to take advantage of the specialized results:
1. Publish high quality, well captioned images
2. Create a Google video sitemap
3. Update business listings in local business center
4. Submit your feed to Google product search
5. Create a high-quality company blog