UPDATE 12/29/08: Voting is closed and the winner, Best Podcast Social Media, DishyMix by Susan Bratton of Personal Life Media. Congratulations Susan!
Congrats also to the runner up, User Friendly Thinking by Bizzuka’s John Munsell and Paul Chaney.
There are many ways to acquire information on the topic of social media ranging from blogs to books to Twitter. As part of our efforts to aggregate useful resources for Online Marketing Blog readers on topics related to digital PR, search and social marketing, we bring you this fine list of the best podcasts on social media.
Where did this list come from? I started out with a small list of my own and then reached out to the 5000+ people following @leeodden on Twitter as well as direct queries to some of the most respected social media marketing and public relations professionals on the web. The same podcasts were recommended repeatedly.
Of course it’s not really an official OMB “best” list until readers vote for their favorites. Please have a listen to the podcasts below and then take a moment and pick your favorite podcast on social media in our poll at the bottom of the list.
For Immediate Release (FIR) - Every Monday and Thursday, UK based Neville Hobson and California based Shel Holtz come together for this well produced podcast covering PR and technology topics including social media issues and news of the day. (Subscribe)
Talk Social News – Kipp Bodnar and Wayne Sutton create and publish this weekly podcast about news and innovations in social media through interviews with industry leaders and also share their own opinions. (Subscribe)
Buzz Marketing for Technology – As Global Director of Integrated Marketing for BearingPoint, Paul Dunay has a lot to say about B2B marketing and social media through how to and interview podcasts. (Subscribe)
Marketing Voices – Jennifer Jones runs a marketing consulting firm and has one of the few podcasts dedicated to social media and does so for Podtech. Her podcast talks about social media and how it is impacting marketing today through a series of insightful interviews. (Subscribe)
6 Pixels of Separation – Digital marketing rockstar Mitch Joel gives a “marketing wake up call” with with his expertise and insightful interviews on many social media centric topics from blogging to crowdsourcing. (Subscribe)
Marketing Edge Podcast – Albert Maruggi of Twin Cities based Provident Partners operates one of the longest running podcasts on marketing and PR but the focus is definitely on social media. (Subscribe)
User Friendly Thinking – Bizzuka CEO John Munsell and marketing director Paul Chaney discuss topics congruent with their company services including web design, content management, Internet marketing and social media through discussion and interviews. (Subscribe)
Inside PR - Toronto PR professionals Terry Fallis and David Jones along with appearances by Martin Waxman and Julie Rusciolelli combine expertise and wit to create this public relations podcast that focuses on their observations of and experiences with social media in the PR world. (Subscribe)
What is your favorite podcast that covers social media topics?
- DishyMix - Susan Bratton (34%, 161 Votes)
- User Friendly Thinking - John Munsell and Paul Chaney (30%, 139 Votes)
- Find and Convert - Bernie Borges (15%, 69 Votes)
- Buzz Marketing for Technology - Paul Dunay (5%, 22 Votes)
- Marketing over Coffee - John Wall and Christopher Penn (4%, 18 Votes)
- Marketing Edge Podcast - Albert Maruggi (3%, 15 Votes)
- Be the Voice - David Spark (2%, 8 Votes)
- Talk Social News - Kipp Bodnar and Wayne Sutton (1%, 7 Votes)
- 6 Pixels of Separation - Mitch Joel (1%, 7 Votes)
- For Immediate Release - Neville Hobson and Shel Holtz (1%, 7 Votes)
- Marketing Voices - Jennifer Jones (1%, 6 Votes)
- Inside PR - Terry Fallis and David Jones (1%, 5 Votes)
- Managing the Gray - C.C. Chapman (1%, 3 Votes)
- SocialMedia.biz - JD Lasica (0%, 1 Votes)
- Across the Sound - Joseph Jaffe (0%, 0 Votes)
- New Comm Road - Bryan Person (1%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 468