What a remarkable date today! 09/09/09. Welcome to the UK Edition of TopRank’s BIGLIST of Search Marketing Blog reviews. Since I’m in London this week, (photo above was taken with my trusty 3GS iPhone) I decided to focus mostly on SEO/PPC and Social Media Marketing Bloggers here in the UK. It’s a nice mix of search, social, web dev/design and analytics, so fire up your RSS reader and subscribe!
Our Featured SEO Blog this week is from Malcolm Coles. This is a personal blog by Malcolm Coles of Digital Sparkle that offers observations about internet marketing categorized mostly as good and bad reviews. He also focuses very specifically on newspaper web sites. If you want to know anything about UK based newspapers and their place within search engines this is the place to be.
Blogs are featured on TopRank’s BIGLIST that have a great combination of both design, user experience and content. Now on to the rest of the fine UK based SEO blogs for this week:
- Distilled Blog – Will Critchlow and the team at Distilled, a London based SEO/PPC agency write this blog on search and online reputation management issues along with geo location, mobile and web design topics.
- Self Made Minds – Al Carlton and Scott Jones as well as contributions from Jason Rickard about their experiences making money on the web. There really is no substitute for the insights gained from “eat what you kill” internet marketing (vs working for an agency that gets paid either way) and this blog offers many of those insights.
- I – Com Blog – Searched, designed and developed. That about sums up this Manchester based internet marketing agency blog that covers design, development, copywriting and search marketing.
- Vertical Leap Blog – This UK agency blog covers practical search marketing tips, insights specific to UK search engines and industry news. Comments are turned off, which is a disappointment.
- Hallam Internet Marketing Blog – This blog out of Knottingham is a mix of posts about industry news & observations, training programs offered by Susan Hallam and aggregated Tweets. Making all of one’s tweets for the day into a blog post is automatic and therefore easy for the blogger to create an entry, but the real question is whether it offers useful info to blog readers? In this case I think sometimes yes and sometimes no.
SEO Blog Reinclusion:
- Apple Pie & Custard Blog – Originally added to BIGLIST 2 years ago, this blog is written mostly by Kelvin Newman, John McElborough and someone named “Jennie” from Site Visibility about SEM, social media and PPC topics.
- Receptional – Added on November 2007, we’re happy to see this UK based blog re-added to BIGLIST. Dixon Jones and the team at UK internet marketing agency Receptional blog the gamut of web marketing topics including affiliate and search marketing, usability, analytics and social media.
Be sure to visit these blogs and recommend them to your friends. Heck, add them to your Blogroll. We did!
The well above average Blogs reviewed for TopRank’s BIGLIST owe it to their diligent readers and fans to display the impressive and well earned BIGLIST Badge.