Marketers like formulas and what better metaphor for successful online marketing with blogs than a recipe?
At the upcoming BlogWorldExpo conference in Las Vegas, I’ll be giving my recipe for success using Social Media and SEO in two ways:
First, I’ll be doing a solo presentation on Social Media SEO, giving bloggers a tested methodology for making the most of their content and social networks.
This presentation will focus on the value of combining SEO best practices with social media marketing to amplify the reach and traffic for blogs. I’ll outline and share examples of how to build a Cycle of Social Media Interaction. Specifics will include:
- How bloggers can leverage keyword research to develop a blog editorial calendar
- Best practices on creating and promote optimized content
- How to increase exposure through social channels of distribution
- Tips on organic growth of fans/friends/subscribers and inbound links
- How to increase search and social media traffic
- How to mine community conversation data to further refine content strategy that continues the cycle
To see the detailed presentation, you’ll need to get out to Las Vegas October 14-16 for BlogWorld New Media Expo 2010. In the meantime, here is a short version of the presentation I’ll be giving using the aforementioned recipe metaphor.
Second, I’m literally going to talk about SEO for recipes to food bloggers, “The Art & Science of Recipe Writing” on a panel with Jennifer Perillo, John Shiple and Sean Percival as part of the TECHmunch track. I believe it will be livestreamed so be sure to check in with @toprank for the link.
BlogWorld New Media Expo is a unique event bringing together online marketing professionals from a variety of disciplines ranging from public relations to SEO to affiliate marketing to food and military bloggers. Be sure to subscribe for liveblogging coverage and video interviews during the event.
Now back to our metaphor: What’s your recipe to blogging success?