Comments

1. thank you for this post, I found it speaks so true to many marketers and others using social media for their business.

2. Stacey Herbert says:

I really liked Dennis Yu’s points. It’s easy to forget that all these fancy different names we have for our interaction points with our customers – email, PPC ad, responsive website – is just our brand saying “talk to me”. In amidst a ton of other voices, saying exactly the same thing.

When you think of your social media marketing as a way of conversing in a cross and, multichannel way, I can definitely see where you’d get more benefit and bang for your buck. Enjoyed this. Thanks!

3. Henley Wing says:

I haven’t had much success with FB marketing, but that’s because I’m in the B2B field. Do you think most FB marketing advice is for the B2C companies? I don’t see how a company like Hubspot or Moz for instance would find FB useful in reaching more customers.

• Adomas Baltagalvis says:

Yes, and no. It’s true that there’s much more scope for B2C companies to engage with their customers and attract new ones, but there are opportunities for B2B companies too. If you have the email addresses of your current clients, use the built-in feature to “Build Audience -> Invite Email Contacts” and get them on the page. Or create a Custom Audience from your email list and use Page Like ads to get them like the page. Or setup Website Custom Audiences and start collecting everyone that visited your company’s website to be able to remarket to them in the future with Page Like ads and Link ads (drive them back to your website). Or setup a custom tab on your Facebook page to offer a free giveaway to new followers and use precise targeting by interests to generate traffic (targeting by location, interests, such as small business owners, finance, entrepreneurship, etc). It is more difficult to reach the right audience for B2B companies, but still possible with some clever marketing.

4. All experts are spot on but I think Mari nailed it. Engage as frequently as possible to open up channels of communication and builds relationships through your page. Awesome share!

5. Thanks so much for your informative post. I will add the terms to my google alerts.

6. Akash Agarwal says:

Great post and very informative. Facebook is one of the most important part of Social media. So, facebook marketing tips are very important to us. Thanks for sharing.

7. guptaabhijit318 says:

Now a day’s facebook is the main division of social media. And it helps a lot to grow an online business. And here you explain about the basic of facebook marketing, that’s awesome. Thanks for sharing such useful things.

8. Scott @ Kawntent says:

Today’s world is dominated by technology and all its attributes. Social media became such a hit because not only did it provide entertainment value to its members and communication to alleviate the pits of long distance friendships and relationships, for its popularity became so helpful in many businesses. It served as a platform where promotions could be established quite efficiently, and all those ways mentioned above are just a few of what could be done in facebook marketing.

9. The secret is SEGMENTATION. Shotgun blasts make for poor ROI.

10. Jude @ jucovic.TrevoBuilder says:

Great F.B. marketing tips! I just started a fan page and will need information I’ve gathered here a great deal. Tnx!