What is it about web analytics that that intrigues and yet scares companies at the same time? Everyone want to understand analytics, yet once one starts digging in, it can get complicated. In Identify, Analyze, Act: SEM by the Numbers, they gave tips on what you should be looking at and what you should be paying attention to.
Here are a few of the tips & thoughts that were shared:
- Invisibility; what can’t we see?
- Every search is a question, every ad is an answer. Keywords simply connectors.
- ROAS is a ‘feel good’ metric. don’t take it seriously.
- Deception – Can you trust what you see?
- Accuracy – What’s the margin of error. Is there statistical significance?