After the keynote frenzy this morning, the session that stood out for me was “Facebook Marketing: Best Practices” with Jeremiah Owyang from Forrester Research as moderator, Evan Mager from AKQA, Holly Liu from Watercooler, Brett Keintz of 750 Industries and Stanford GSB and Kevin Barenblat of Context Optional.
Some of the key takeaways from this session were:
- Be clear with your objectives
- Test spending money on Facebook marketing even if you aren’t sure about the return. Hey, 1,000,000 visits can’t be wrong!
- Understanding the ROI of Facebook requires a new kind of mindset
- Don’t take away the social features of Facebook from users
- Facebook marketing is not about driving traffic to your web site. Keep Facebook users on Facebook