Many small and medium sized consumer products marketers strive for the biggest bang for the buck when allocating budgets. While our SEO firm specializes more in BtoB SEO, PR and blogs, there are some fundamental consumer product site promotion tactics we’ve found to be appropriate in many cases. Each is measurable to ROI and can be scaled to some degree.
- Pay per click – Advertising on Google, Yahoo, MSN
- Site optimization – Improving “natural” rankings on search engines
- Optimized press releases – Announce sales, contests or special offers via press release
- Blog marketing – Add a blog to web site to encourage search rankings, incoming links, interaction with consumers
- Paid inclusion and shopping feeds – Submit a feed of your products to Google’s Froogle.com, Yahoo Search Submit and possibly comparison shopping sites such as shopping.com, bizrate.com or amazon.com