Employee engagement is key in improving productivity in any industry. A happy employee is much more likely to be more productive than their counterparts.
A recent study from the National Business Research Institute (NBRI) shares just how important it is to keep employees engaged. Findings include:
- Engaged employees product twice as much work product in the time as unengaged employees
- The average adult spends a quarter to a third of their waking life at work
- 40% – 80% of customer satisfaction is affected by employee attitudes
Additionally NBRI identified the following six traits of engaged employees:
- Believe in their organization
- Have the desire to work to make things better