The last regular session of the day I decided to attend was on In-House SEO and PPC which was moderated by Melanie Mitchell and included Jessica Bowman, Dan Perry, Ana Schultz, Allison Fabella and Jill Sampey. The issues that in-house search marketers experience are the same issues that SEO agencies experience when performing enterprise SEO and PPC programs.
I walked in at the start of Jessica Bowman’s presentation who was talking about roadblocks to internal search engine marketing efforts:
- Adds projects to man hours
- Inconsistent with other goials
- Goes against existing progrtamming standards
- Were not technically feasible
- Added to the project timeline and cost
Once you get executive buy in, you cannot stop. Most opposition stems from lower and middle management. Middle managers need to get upper level support.