- Like Andy, I started blogging (Dec 2003) as a way to save information, comment on it and share with coworkers.
- Blogging is a fantastic marketing tool. Our biggest clients ($30bn to $80bn) had read our blog for several months and then called to do business. What’s not to like about that sales cycle?
- Blogging is a great connector for both online and offline social networking. People read our blog, say hi at conferences and many of those turn into friendships or business relationships. I also always mention our blog when I meet people offline or in interviews which often turns them into RSS subscribers.
Many blog readers also have blogs of their own. People start blogs for many reasons. Some are personal and an increasing number are for business. There are many, many reasons to write a blog. In this reader poll, we’d like to know what’s your reason?
What is the primary purpose of your blog?
- To publish/share my ideas (41%, 27 Votes)
- To build my/my company reputation (23%, 15 Votes)
- A marketing tool for me/my company (20%, 13 Votes)
- A platform for interacting with my industry (12%, 8 Votes)
- Adds SEO benefit to my web site (5%, 3 Votes)
- Share news about my industry (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 66
The list of reasons above is limited to six, so if your reason is not listed, please leave it in the comments.