Some interesting data from a new report by the Pew Internet & American Life Project regarding blogs. Thanks to Search Engine Watch
* 8 million American adults say they have created blogs
* Blog readership jumped 58% in 2004 and now stands at 27% of internet users
* 5% of internet users say they use RSS aggregators
* 12% of internet users have posted comments or other material on blogs
* 62% of internet users do not know what a blog is (what? your dog? no, blog!)
All I know is, I was trying to read 10-15 email news letters per day to keep up on industry trends taking away hours of valuable billable time. Now through a combination Google and Yahoo News alerts plus my nifty Firefox RSS reader called Sage, I can get this information faster and more efficiently in a fraction of the time. It may take a while, but mass adoption of RSS News is on the way.