Some interesting data from a new report by the Pew Internet & American Life Project regarding blogs. Thanks to Search Engine Watch
* 8 million American adults say they have created blogs
* Blog readership jumped 58% in 2004 and now stands at 27% of internet users
* 5% of internet users say they use RSS aggregators
* 12% of internet users have posted comments or other material on blogs
* 62% of internet users do not know what a blog is (what? your dog? no, blog!)
All I know is, I was trying to read 10-15 email news letters per day to keep up on industry trends taking away hours of valuable billable time. Now through a combination Google and Yahoo News alerts plus my nifty Firefox RSS reader called Sage, I can get this information faster and more efficiently in a fraction of the time. It may take a while, but mass adoption of RSS News is on the way.
About the author
Lee Odden has been recognized as a top B2B Marketing professional by Forbes, The Economist and the Wall Street Journal. For over 20 years he's worked with his team at TopRank Marketing to help elevate the B2B marketing industry through creative marketing programs that deliver more authentic, experiential and inclusive content for brands like LinkedIn, Dell and Adobe. Lee is the author of Optimize and has published over 1.4 million words on his agency's B2B marketing blog. As a trusted marketing thought leader, he has given nearly 300 presentations in 19 different countries on B2B content, search and influencer marketing. When not marketing, Lee is probably running, cooking or traveling.