StumbleUpon Rocks

Lee Odden     Online Marketing, Social Search

I downloaded the toolbar, set preferences and have not been disappointed since. Not only am I a happy user, but StumbleUpon is also a great way to get great web sites or blogs noticed.

It appears Rand has similar thoughts.

PoorSo SoOKGoodAwesome (No Ratings Yet)

Comments

1. Jon Henshaw says:

I found the same thing. Not only is StumbleUpon fun to use, it drives a crazy amount of traffic to my sites.

2. Hey Jon, I checked out your web site – NICE design.

3. Steve Baldwin says:

StumbleUpon is indeed a great resource for webmasters. Over the past month, it accounts for just under 10% of my referrals. This is still a small share but the quality of referrals is very high.

The system also cannot be gamed (unlike Digg etc.) so it’s a good barometer of whether one is creating linkworthy content.

I’m actually a bit sorry that the word is out about StumbleUpon now – I liked it when it was still a secret!

4. Josh Kenzer says:

I too have seen increases to my sites from StumbleUpon. As for using it, its great when you want to surf but aren’t necessarily looking for something in particular.

5. I’m with you on that Josh. Stumble Upon is more entertainment, than a “search for information” source. At least in it’s current form.

6. Igor M. (BizMord Blog) says:

Same here … started using it 2 weeks ago. My subscriptions grew and daily traffic increased.

7. Dejan Bizinger says:

I agree that the StumbleUpon is great and useful service. I have already find this way a dozen very interesting web sites and blogs.

Trackbacks

1. Search Engine Journal » How Much Does StumbleUpon Rock? says:

[…] But exactly how much does StumbleUpon rock? Apparently enough for Lee Odden to make the post on the Top Rank Online Marketing Blog entitled StumbleUpon Rocks: My current, favorite way of finding new web sites and blogs is hands down, StumbleUpon. I had started using their service over a year ago, but after a few months it just didn’t resonate with me. In the past two weeks I noticed in our main company web site server logs that we were getting a LOT of referring traffic from stumbleupon.com so I decided to check it out again. […]

2. […] Read/WriteWeb has posted an excellent review and comparison of the major social bookmarking services.