Dave Sifry has released his quarterly State of the Blogosphere report which informs us that Technorati is now tracking 57 million blogs.¬† With this report comes some fun blogging stats:
- 100,000 blogs created daily (Q3)
- 55% of all blogs are active
- Over 70% of pings are from known spam sources
- English and Japanese remain the two most popular languages
- Blogging Elite – 500 or more blogs linking in the last 6 months
According to the report Technorati continues to spend quite a bit of time fighting spam blogs, or splogs.
FYI: Online Marketing Blog is ranked 1,179 out of 57,000,000 blogs.