My morning track has been all about analytics this morning. The first was Web Analytics & Measuring. With two presenters, they both had a good amount of time to cover their topics. The second was Vendor Chat on Measuring Success where there were six presenters talking about analytics in very short 10 minute presentations. Some takeaways included:
- Track organic, paid and referral traffic separately to see who is increasing or decreasing.
- Keep an eye on exit rates and how they compare to entrance keywords.
- Track new vs return traffic rates.
- Setup goals to track what you want to measure.
- Latency is a big thing as someone may look today, but not buy for a few weeks or months if the purchase is large.