- Like Andy, I started blogging (Dec 2003) as a way to save information, comment on it and share with coworkers.
- Blogging is a fantastic marketing tool. Our biggest clients ($30bn to $80bn) had read our blog for several months and then called to do business. What’s not to like about that sales cycle?
- Blogging is a great connector for both online and offline social networking. People read our blog, say hi at conferences and many of those turn into friendships or business relationships. I also always mention our blog when I meet people offline or in interviews which often turns them into RSS subscribers.
- Blogging is a great way to flush out article content and a way to practice presentations. I often take 300 word blog posts and turn them into a 1000 word article. I’ve also found it useful when creating a brand new presentation for a conference, to blog what I’m going to talk about as a way to gel ideas that I want to present.
- Blogging provides a way to vent professionally. I’m not much of a cat poster, but I don’t mind a good rant once in a while as a way to get others’ opinions about a certain topic.
OK, I’ve done my five, now who to tag….