I recently completed developing and recording 2 modules for a business blogging program with the DMA. One of the most interesting portions (in my opinion) of the material addressed measuring blog success. There’s no one right answer because the purpose for business blogs can vary from branding to sales.
Since bloggers often read other blogs, I’m counting on Online Marketing Blog readers to take this quick poll to identify what the most common goals for business blogging are. There should be enough options to address whatever purpose you have for your blog. You can pick up to 3 choices.
Pick your top 3 measures of success for business blogging
- Engagement: comments, links (12%, 65 Votes)
- Improved brand recognition (11%, 56 Votes)
- Build thought leadership (11%, 55 Votes)
- Search engine rankings (11%, 55 Votes)
- Better communicate with customers (10%, 53 Votes)
- Traffic to the blog (9%, 49 Votes)
- Coverage by media and other blogs (6%, 32 Votes)
- Sales leads (5%, 28 Votes)
- Traffic to the corporate web site (5%, 28 Votes)
- Industry Recognition (4%, 23 Votes)
- Sell products (4%, 22 Votes)
- Improved customer satisfaction (4%, 20 Votes)
- Page views (3%, 16 Votes)
- Time on Site (2%, 10 Votes)
- Ad revenue on the blog (2%, 9 Votes)
Total Voters: 179
A bit of Online Marketing Blog trivia: This is our 51st poll!