This afternoon I did a live chat with AdWeekMedia Connect, a social network for the ad agency set on the intersection of search and social media. Embedded below is the recorded chat stream:
Here are a few resources on the topic:
- Mashable: Social Media and SEO: 5 Essential Steps to Success
- IAB: Social Advertising Best Practices
- Forrester: Interactive Marketing to Hit $55B by 2014
- VentureBeat: Five rules of thumb for social media advertising
- eMarketer: SocNet Ad Spend to Hit Stride in 2010
- Wired: Is Social Advertising an Oxymoron?
- Knowledge Networks: Social Media Generates Hype; Fails to Deliver Marketing Punch
- Rohit Bhargava: 5 Rules of Social Media Optimization (SMO)
At the upcoming Search Engine Strategies conference, there are two events related to this topic worth noting: ClickZ Video Social SES and a workshop specifically about integrating Social Media & SEO
Sandip Chhettri says
this conversion about social media is very help like guys like who is working on developing social bookmark sits. This will help me to stratigies my work.
I appreciate your posts. I have learned several new things from your work on social media and SEO.
While social media is important, can you tell me what your thoughts are on the need for an RSS feed on a website?