We Analyzed 15,000 Instagram Stories from 200 of the World’s Top Brands (New Stories Research)
A new study from social media management platform Buffer takes a close look into Instagram Stories and how 200 leading global brands are utilizing the popular feature. Buffer
LinkedIn Introduces Public Beta of Objective-Based Advertising in Campaign Manager
LinkedIn has unveiled objective-based advertising for its Campaign Manager, with a slew of features and easier campaign creation functionality. LinkedIn (client)
Are You Ready for the Nanoinfluencers?
The New York Times takes a close look at the increasingly wide scope of nanoinfluencers in the social media and marketing landscape. The New York Times
The Top Factors That Slow B2B Purchases
Data from a recent B2B survey revealed that lack of information was the leading factor slowing down purchases, one of several insights relevant to digital marketers. MarketingProfs
Customer Data Driven B2B Marketing: Designing for 2020 and Beyond
A look at the roles of first and third-party data in making better B2B marketing experiences, plus a glimpse at what may be coming next. MarTech Advisor
Marketing’s next battlefield: Your phone’s camera
An examination of camera marketing and its growing position in the digital marketing landscape. PRWeek
Marketing Technology Trends Survey Summary Report
A look at marketing technology trends, the needs of today’s marketers, some of the challenges being encountered, and how they’re generally being overcome. Ascend2
LinkedIn tests feature that lets you create real-world events
LinkedIn (client) has also begun testing new features relating to real-world events, in a move that will bring back a very different experience from the firm’s previous events feature retired in 2012. CNET
WhatsApp ads are coming: Will advertisers start buying?
Facebook’s has announced that it plans to begin offering advertisements on its encrypted messaging app WhatsApp. Marketing Land
ON THE LIGHTER SIDE:
A lighthearted look at math men and data-driven marketing by Marketoonist Tom Fishburne — Marketoonist
Facebook Just Filled With Crazy Idiots Now [The Onion] — The Onion
TOPRANK MARKETING & CLIENTS IN THE NEWS:
- Lee Odden — 2018 Blogging Research: How Does Your Blog Compare To The Best — Heidi Cohen
- Lane R. Ellis — 10 Expert Tips for Finding and Communicating with Your Ideal Customers — Small Business Trends
- Ashley Zeckman — Takeaways from KFC’s and Wendy’s fan appreciation efforts — Ragan Communications
- Joshua Nite and Tiffani Allen — Google Flexes Ad Muscles With More Updates for Content Marketers — ClearVoice
- Lee Odden — Top Trends Awaiting Marketers at the 2019 MarketingProfs B2B Forum — PAN Communications
- Lane R. Ellis — Advanced Analytics for Facebook, Instagram & Much More – Ep. 43 — Marketing O’Clock
- Lee Odden — B2B Marketing Books: MarketingProfs B2B Forum Authors — Heidi Cohen
- DivvyHQ — Celebrating the Best Content Marketing Tools of 2018 — DivvyHQ (client)
Do you have your own favorite influencer marketing news items for the week?
Thank you for joining us, and we hope you’ll return back again next week for a new round-up of the most relevant digital marketing industry news, and in the meantime you can follow us at @toprank on Twitter for even more timely daily news. Also, don’t miss the full video summary on our TopRank Marketing TV YouTube Channel.