Hey, content marketers. Imagine this: You’re sitting in a marketing meeting and you hear the following:
- Our conversions are up 50% year-over-year!
- Our blog traffic is down.
- We saw a big spike in traffic this month to our primary service page!
- Our bounce rate is all over the place.
- This blog post about “X” had 2,000 page views last month!
What are the first thoughts that come to mind? For many, the first thought would likely be: Why? Followed by a: Is that good or bad? And then finally: What do we need to do next?
If you’ve ever experienced a similar scenario, you’ve come face-to-face with insight famine. The statements above simply relay data points and lack the insight needed to take any sort of action. And this is why an actionable content marketing dashboard is so incredibly important.