Which qualities encompass the best that B2B marketing has to offer?
Are there overlapping elements that bring success to both our professional and personal lives?
How can you bring more of these qualities into your own marketing efforts?
From a seemingly endless compilation of possible traits held by successful marketers, some naturally work their way to the forefront over time, yet aren’t often explored.
To help answer these questions, let’s take a look at five powerful qualities that we can combine to drive not only the best B2B marketing experiences, but that we can also harness and learn from to make us better associates, business partners, and people.
For each, we’ll also offer five ways you can add more of them to your own marketing — a total of 25 ways to add more determination, poise, kindness, zest, and finesse to your B2B marketing experiences.
1 — Marketing with Determination
Marketing with determination springs from a passionate will power — a sometimes fierce or all-encompassing resolve that may be personified by sisu, the Finnish art of inner strength.
When it comes to this kind of determination, some say you either have it or you don’t, yet even the most driven B2B marketers can make a mindful effort to bring more of this passion to our work.
Here are five ways to do so.
To Add More Determination to Your Marketing:
- Visualize the efforts necessary to break through barriers
- Market as a marathon and not as a sprint
- Bring your passions into your marketing
- Focus on each of the short-term goals that will combine to long-term success
- Embrace multiple angles for showing your marketing vision
2 — Marketing with Poise
Marketing with poise stems from a certain variety of level-headedness, bringing a calm and graceful presence for whatever work is at hand.
Whether it’s managing teams of hundreds or thousands, or crafting any form of digital deliverables, marketing with poise raises the overall level of quality on any project.
We can cultivate some of the aspects that comprise poise. Here are five ways to start the journey.
To Add More Poise to Your Marketing:
- The calming elements of your personal life can also work wonders to steady your professional presence
- Practice the art of being humble and level-headed in the face of adversity
- Focus on enhancing the essence of a marketing effort that sets it apart from the competition
- Take comfort in the preparation you’ve done and the unique experience you bring to the marketing table
- Accept and learn from setbacks and move on with grace and dignity
3 — Marketing with Kindness
Marketing with kindness offers us the chance to empathize with differing viewpoints and methods, and to bring genuine compassion and concern to any situation we encounter in our busy daily lives as marketers.
Whether through seemingly small gestures or mighty acts of warm sentiment and respect, marketing with kindness has a powerful effect on our lives.
Through slight adjustments we can increase the amount of kindness we broadcast out into the world — here are just a few ways to start.
To Add More Kindness to Your Marketing:
- Make a conscious effort to empathize in all your communication
- Ask yourself whether your actions would have the ring of truth to your own mother, grandmother, or even Mr. Rogers
- Remember that an initial meeting with a new client or colleague will often lead to partnerships or friendships that can last decades
- Recognize and address your weaknesses and shortcomings
- Find and follow the goodness in your marketing efforts
4 — Marketing with Zest
Marketing with zest adds that “wow” factor — the type that brings unbounded zeal and enthusiasm to all our daily interactions.
Zest brings delight to all our journeys, and a certain joyful eagerness in whatever marketing adventure we may currently be working on.
It can also be one of the most difficult qualities to find, however it can be nurtured.
Here are five ways to bring some Z2Z — zest to zeal — into your B2B marketing.
To Add More Zest to Your Marketing:
- Change up a marketing environment that’s grown stale by adding new sights, sounds, scents, and tactile surroundings that rejuvenate and restore joy in your professional adventures
- Bring more of your unique qualities and strong points to your marketing efforts
- If you now find yourself with hybrid or remote work options, embrace them to the fullest by trying new work environments
- Seek out potential collaborations with people you deeply admire
- Identify the areas of your marketing life present the biggest challenges, and map out ways to infuse each with a sense of delight
5 — Marketing with Finesse
Marketing with finesse enters the realm of the skillfully gentle touch. It’s also a quality possessed by people who seem to have a subtle knack for understated polish in all of their communications, management, and creative endeavors.
Marketing finesse shows a sophisticated understanding of the audience and an ability to smoothly pivot, when necessary.
Encourage your own marketing finesse by considering the following five ideas.
To Add More Finesse to Your Marketing:
- Don’t bring a brute-force tree shredder to trim delicate orchids ; use your experience to choose the right tool for the marketing job at hand
- Practice marketing diplomacy in your teamwork, whether internal or client-facing
- Be generous in sharing your skills and time
- Go the extra mile to show your gratitude
- Strive to mentor and teach the next generations of marketing professionals, and continue your own lifelong learning
Beautiful & Bold B2B Marketing Go Hand In Hand
When we allow the powerful qualities of determination, poise, kindness, zest, and finesse to join hands and unite, truly beautiful B2B marketing experiences spring to life.
Thanks for coming along on this introductory journey to better B2B marketing through heartfelt qualities we can all work to experience more of in our lives.
Contact us today and find out why top brands from LinkedIn and Dell to SAP and Oracle have chosen TopRank Marketing to create award-winning B2B marketing.