Keynote Day 2 of Search Engine Strategies with Danny Sullivan
Danny says keynotes should be inspiring.
How are we (search marketers) viewed? Shows photo of guy wearing spam shirt and drinking a beer.
Shows quotes from various sources characterizing SEOs as: Worthless, shady, criminals, cockroaches
Who to blame?
Blog spamming, keyword stuffing, content thieves, cloaking
But consider some contradictions:
- Some news sources are allowed to cloak
- Large respected pubs selling links
- Web site of respected blog software maker hosting spam pages
Algorithm ingnorant, simple tips overselling, industry best practices
- Simple tips aren’t simple to people who don’t know
- Working with designers and others to do content SEO is a skill