What can B2B marketers learn from family history research?
Family history research offers a surprising number of valuable lessons for marketers looking to hone existing skills and build new ones.
For starters, genealogy research can teach us about:
- Knowing Your Marketing Roots
- Sharpening Your Research Skills
- Building Enduring Passion
- Citing, Celebrating & Honoring Your Marketing Sources
- Learning & Networking With Fellow Professionals at Industry Events
- Adhering To Guidelines & Goalposts
- Publishing & Preserving For Posterity
- Sparking Interest For Future Marketers
- Breaking Through With Hyper-Personal Relevance
- Peering Inside Your B2B Marketing DNA
Aside from childhood school family history projects, I first stared researching my roots in earnest in 1994, and a decade later for several years I worked as a professional genealogist.