Google Spreadsheets Update

Lee Odden     Google, Online Marketing

Wow, that was fast. I received my Google Spreadsheets invite about 20 minutes ago and I’ve been toying around with it for just a few min. The place where I am right now has spotty internet access, but I’ve been able to create a few sample spreadsheets and I must say, so far Google Spreadsheets rocks.

Will it replace Microsoft Excel? Maybe not, but there will certainly be a very large audience checking it out. I would be more than happy to say bye bye to Office upgrade fees and say hello to web based collaboration.

I’ll need to get my login over to the folks in our organization that use Excel a lot more than I do to really take it for a spin, but for my purposes, Google Spreadsheets works great. We’ve been experimenting with iRows and Zoho, and while those services have been great, I’d really like to see how Google’s entry in to the online spreadsheet arena pans out.

I’ll have to forego screenshots until later as I am using a hotel computer and there is no graphics program.

PoorSo SoOKGoodAwesome (No Ratings Yet)

Comments

1. Federico says:

Would you please send me an invite. Thanks.

[email protected]

2. Igor M. says:

Is it me or is Google stepping on Microsoft toes? 🙂

Even though this was not designed to kick MS Excel ass, Google does come close to Bill’s turf.

3. Thomas McMahon says:

Federico, just give Google Spreadsheets your address and wait. Mine came in less than 6 hours so maybe yours will too.

4. Screw online spreadsheets, when is Writely coming out? 😉

5. Don’t you already have a Writely account Aaron?

6. Hawaii SEO says:

Hi Lee,

I just sent you an invitation to collaborate on a spreadsheet to create Google Ad Copy.
    Please let us know what you think about the ability to share and edit others work.

Aloha,
    Dave.

7. Satyanarayana.Manne says:

I want to Know full details. But I will not make any investment now. I will send the amount out of my earnings.
    Sayyanarayana.Manne

8. Zoli Erdos says:

I guess it boils down to preferences – but from a visual point of view, Google and Zoho are not even in the same league.

9. Lee, I never got the email notify to log in to Writely.

10. Hi! This is Cliff from Team and Concepts.

Besides Google spreadsheets and your mentioned online spreadsheet products, I think you also try EditGrid as well. It incorporate reat-time-update which distinguishes itself from the others.

There is a detail comparsion between EditGrid and Google Spreadsheets in the following link:http://www.editgrid.com/tnc/pkchan/EditGrid_v._Google

Try to take a look. =D