Next week I’ll be attending my last “blogging only” conference of the year, ad:tech New York, and possibly for quite a while. I will be performing blogging duties for the adtechblog.com along with Sara Holoubek, Richard Cacciato, Craig Peters, Steve Hall, Angela Natividad and Robert Gorell. With that many bloggers and over 10,000 people registered for the event, that’s what I call a blogger bonanza!
Attending conferences purely to blog has been great the past few years but speaking and performing editor duties for our media sponsorships has taken a much higher priority. Of course, when I am fortunate enough to be able to speak at a conference there’s always some blogging that goes along with it.
Since I am in NYC just for Tuesday afternoon and all of Wednesday, I’ll only be covering 3 sessions and exhibit hall observations for adtechblog but will post everything here at Online Marketing Blog. Tuesday will be a tour of the Exhibit Hall with several short video interviews involving vendors serving the Search Marketing industry and a few SEM notables.
The sessions I am slated to cover include:
Wednesday 9am – Keynote Roundtable: The State of the Industry
Consumer Generated Content. Social Networking. Online Video. Ad Networks. Activation. Engagement. Mobile Marketing. The death of television as we know it. And so much more. The digital revolution is in full swing and the velocity of change only seems to be increasing.
- Randall Rothenberg, President and CEO, Interactive Advertising Bureau
- Michael Barrett, Executive VP, Chief Revenue Officer, Fox Interactive Media
- Matt Freeman, CEO, Tribal DDB Worldwide
- Arianna Huffington, Co-Founder and Editor-in-Chief, Huffington Post
- Suzie Reider, Head of Advertising Sales, YouTube.com
Wednesday 4pm – The Empowered Consumer: Are We Losing Control of Our Brands?
The old content delivery model has been turned on its head and the rules have changed. Consumers have unprecedented control in regards to how and when they access their content, and the current marketplace sees content production costs spiraling downward.
- Bart Sichel, Principal, McKinsey & Company, Inc.
- Jean Phillipe Maheu, Chief Digital Officer, Ogilvy North America
- Jeff Kaplan, VP, Online Marketing, Ann Taylor Stores Corporation
- Chris Grosso, VP Strategy and Business Development, NBC Universal Digital Media
- Mel Clements, Advertising and Digital Manager, Basketball, Nike, Inc.
Wednesday 5:15pm – Tactical Search: Local and Mobile Search Strategies
One of the original promises of the Internet was geographically relevant and targeted content for all. Local marketing strategies are effective and have widespread application, yet many marketers have yet to gain a solid understanding of the marketplace.
- Dana Todd, Agency Principal, SiteLab and Immediate Past President, SEMPO, SiteLab International Inc.
- Michael Bayle, GM, Global Monetization, Connected Life, Yahoo! Inc.
- Janice Rohn, VP of Consumer Experience, Yellowpages.com
- Pawan K. Divakarla, Marketing Process Manager, Progressive Insurance
- Erynn Peterson, Senior Manager, Advertising Platform Evangelism, Microsoft
- Michael Fisher, Mobile Strategiv Partner Development Manager, Google