Marketing Blogs: TopRank’s BIGLIST of Internet Marketing Blogs
Welcome to the BIGLIST of Marketing blogs!
Below is a collection of SEO, Content, Social Media and Online Marketing related blogs assembled by the staff at TopRank Online Marketing. This excellent list includes blogs that cover a range of internet marketing topics ranging from SEO (search engine optimization) and PPC (pay per click) to blog marketing, marketing with social media, content marketing and online public relations.
If you’re listed, you can add a Big List badge to your site.
Save or Share this Page!
Check out the @BIGLIST of SEO Blogs! http://tprk.us/seoblogs
How do you get on the list?
You can’t. We’re not adding any new blogs at this time. When we were adding new blogs, we’d find most reading blogrolls of other BIGLIST inductees or SEM social news sites. Rarely do we add a blog based on a direct request. Two fundamental requirements: Blogs must cover search marketing and must post 4-5 times per month at a bare minimum. Other considerations include, blog design, usability, writing style and quality.
How do you get off the list?
No one has ever asked how to get off this list, in fact, many have gone out of their way to get ON the list. However, we do drop anywhere from 70-100 blogs off the list every quarter due to a variety of reasons ranging from infrequent blog postings, off topic postings, site not longer working or on occasion, sites that get bought and turned into splogs.
Our goal is to provide a useful and accurate list of actively SEO. Managing such a large list over time means we may not catch every change. Common changes include moving from a third party hosting service to a domain name or sub-domain address, writer changes and topics covered. If you have changes that need to be made in your BIGLIST entry, then contact TopRank using the web form.
- About: Web Search – Wendy Boswell covers the search engines for About.com.
- Accessible Web Design – Minnesota based Joe Dolson on accessibiliy.
- Adam Sherk Blog – Adam Sherk works as a Search/PR Strategist for Define Search Strategies, part of The New York Times Company and writes about the publishing industry, enterprise SEO and social media.
- AimClear Search Marketing Blog – Another Minnesota based blogger makes the list with Marty Weintraub blogging about paid search marketing and organic SEO with the purpose of demystifying common topics that come up in his interactions with clients.
- Apple Pie & Custard Blog– Originally added to BIGLIST 2 years ago, this blog is written mostly by Kelvin Newman, John McElborough and someone named “Jennie” from Site Visibility about SEM, social media and PPC topics.
- Ask Kalena – Kalena Jordan offers search engine tips and advice.
- Audette Media Blog – Adam Audette has a new blog for his internet marketing consulting business and while it’s a new blog, we’re adding it to the BIGLIST because if it evolves into anything like what Adam does on LED Digest, it’s sure to be a hit. Check out the link building primer.
- Beanstalk SEO Blog – Dave Davies blogs about news in the search engine and online marketing industry.
- Being Peter Kim – Previously with Forrester Research, Peter Kim now works with an Austin based strategic consulting practice that is developing an enterprise class Social Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) suite. He continues to blog about social computing, social media marketing and insights of high value to internet marketers and business leaders.
- Beyond the Paid – Melissa Mackey who is a Search Marketing Director for MagazineLine and recent winner of a free pass to Search Marketing Expo blogs about search engine marketing.
- Bill Hartzer – Bill has redone his site and blogs about a wide variety of topics ranging from the search marketing industry to linking to monetizing web site content.
- Biznology - Former IBM Distinguished Engineer Mike Moran’s blog on search and digital marketing.
- Blizzard Internet Marketing – Group blog and newsletter from the team at Blizzard Internet Marketing.
- BlogStorm – Popular UK blogger Patrick Altoft offers an abundance of tips on internet marketing and SEO.
- Bruce Clay Blog – Virginia Nussey performs her blog magic covering the search marketing industry.
- Bryan & Jeffrey Eisenberg – Best selling author of multiple books, Bryan Eisenberg begged me for months to add his new blog to the BIGLIST. I challenged Bryan to write another best selling book, start a new company, become a keynote speaker at several popular industry conferences and lose at least 30 pounds. (Hey, we set the bar high for the BIGLIST). Of course, I’m kidding about the challenge (and the begging). Bryan has accomplished all of those things and much more while writing an excellent blog on conversion optimization and internet marketing strategy with his brother Jeffrey, who is also a best selling author, keynote speaker and online marketing strategist for major brands.
- builtvisible blog – Formerly SEOGadget, this is Richard Baxter’s renamed blog about topics mostly related to SEO.
- CanuckSEO – Long time internet marketing veteran Jim Rudnick writes with passion and flair about “Canadian SEO for Google Success!” as well as small business, local SEM and plenty of flavorful opinion posts on a variety of search marketing industry topics. Go for the tips, stay for the story telling and enthusiasm.
- Capture the Conversation – Internet Marketing Methodologies from Room 214, Inc co-founders James Clark & Jason Cormier.
- ClickRain Blog – Based in Sioux Falls, Paul Ten Haken blogs about his agency, online marketing tips/how to’s and personal observations. There isn’t a slant towards SEO tactics dujour or limited to agency chest beating, you get a mix of everything which is good for an agency blog.
- ClickZ Marketing News – The newly designed ClickZ web site continues to offer first class coverage of the search and interactive marketing industry as well as insight from leading industry experts.
- Compete Blog – Online trends and insightful findings from the team at Compete.com.
- comScore Networks – Feed for comScore press releases.
- Content Marketing Institute – The mac daddy resource for content marketing plus all that goes with it from social media to SEO and beyond – Joe Pulizzi, Michele Linn and team help make the content marketing world go ’round.
- Conversation Marketing – Long time internet marketer Ian Lurie pulls together search, design, development and more with this compliment blog to the free online book, Conversation Marketing.
- Copyblogger – Brian Clark’s most excellent blog on copywriting and marketing.
- Cornwall SEO blog – Lyndon Antcliff’s SEO & social media blog.
- Cruces – Michael Myers, COO of FreshCurrent, blogs smart about social media and marketing online.
- Daily Blog Tips – As it’s name implies, this blog with a huge number of subscribers is about blogging but also has a robust category for SEO and internet marketing related topics.
- David Naylor – DaveN, a favorite UK based search marketer who isn’t afraid of wearing a black hat from time to time.
- DigiTales Blog – Microsoft’s UK man in the know, Mel Carson blogs for BrandRepublic on all things related to digital marketing. Unfortunately, Brand Republic has decided you must login to see the full posts.
- Distilled Blog-Will Critchlow and the team at Distilled, a London based SEO/PPC agency write this blog on search and online reputation management issues along with geo location, mobile and web design topics.
- Dream Systems Media Blog – Mat Siltala, David Mink and Andrew Melchior “blog” in the true sense of the word, about their experiences as an internet marketing agency as well as a range of web marketing topics and tips ranging from SEO to social media marketing.
- eCommerce Blog – Ethan from Baltimore based Groove eCommerce posts on this newer blog about industry and company news followed by topics ranging from SEO to analytics.
- E-Marketing Performance – Stoney deGeyter and the team from Pole Position Marketing offer up search marketing information to render your competition powerless.
- Epiphany Digital Marketing Blog – This UK agency offers a mix of internet marketing posts from agency staffers on search, social and industry topics. Many of the posts go into detail about insights, testing and general observations from solving digital marketing problems.
- Fathom SEO Blog – SEO news, trends & analysis from Mike Murray and the team at Fathom SEO.
- Flyte Blog – Rich Brooks writes about web marketing for small business.
- Forrester Blog for Interactive Marketing – Excellent group blog from Forrester on various aspects of interactive marketing from B2B social media to search marketing to research and industry news.
- Fresh Egg Blog – This cleverly designed agency blog is written by a team of contributors primarily about SEO, Social Media and Web Design.
- Get Elastic Ecommerce Blog – The team at Vancouver BC based Elastic Path, an ecommerce platform, blog all angles of conducting tansactional business online ranging from general marketing to usability to social media. There’s are also a series of podcasts from last summer worth checking out.
- Google Code Blog – Google API’s and more.
- Google Operating System – Ionut Alex Chitu offers uUnofficial news and tips about Google.
- Google Webmaster Central blog – Posts from the Google Webmaster Central team.
- Great Finds – iCrossing company blog about marketing online.
- Hallam Internet Marketing BlogThis blog out of Knottingham is a mix of posts about industry news & observations, training programs offered by Susan Hallam and aggregated Tweets. Making all of one’s tweets for the day into a blog post is automatic and therefore easy for the blogger to create an entry, but the real question is whether it offers useful info to blog readers? In this case I think sometimes yes and sometimes no.
- Hitwise Intelligence – The HitWise team posts tasty insights about search trends.
- Hubspot Marketing Blog – The team at HubSpot writes about internet marketing and online lead generation for small business.
- Ignite Social Media – Ignite is a social media consultancy with the company web site running as a blog. Topics logically emphasize social media with some optimization flavorings. More information on the post authors and a fix to the 404 on the job openings page would be nice.
- Industrial Search Engine Marketing Blog – Minnesota based Ecreativeworks blogs about search engine marketing from a B2B, industrial and manufacturing perspective.
- Inside AdSense – Official blog for Google AdSense.
- Inside AdWords – Official blog for Google AdWords.
- Inside the Marketers Studio – David Berkowitz’s blog on internet marketing.
- Internet Marketing Blog – Chris Garrett of Performancing fame.
- Internet News – A general internet marketing and search news blog by Gwen Harris.
- Jacob Morgan – A nice mix of social, viral, SEO and marketing strategy from the founder of the SF Search Marketing Salon.
- Jeff Bullas’s Blog – Jeff works as a sales and marketing manager at Infinity Technologies and his self-titled blog flavors towards social media – offering examples, case studies, lists of tips posts and insights from setting aside his traditional marketing roots and current focus on building trust and relationships with customers through social media, permission and inbound marketing.
- John Battelle’s Searchblog – Famous co-founder of Wired magazine posts about the search engine industry. I just wish he’d write about search marketing once in a while.
- Kelsey Group Blog – For all things related to local search marketing and online yellow pages, this blog is an excellent resource on industry news and observations from the team at Kelsey Group.
- KoMarketing Associates SEM Blog – A group/company blog covering SEO, PPC, events, industry news/trends, tips and a lot of personal insight. These folks are clearly involved in, and have an opinion on, what goes on in the industry.
- Mannix Marketing Blog – This agency blog focuses mostly on SEO, web design & Internet marketing as well as agency news and involvement with industry events.
- Marketing Experiments Blog – Real-time data, insights, answers, and advice from Flint McGlaughlin’s team at MEC
- Marketing Land – A true nod to social media, Danny Sullivan’s search marketing community resource on topics and discussions related to search and online marketing. This Digg style site based on the Pligg platform, allows readers to register and create profiles, submit, comment and vote on stories.
- Marketing Pilgrim - Andy Beal’s super stupendous blog on search engine industry news.
- Marketing Profs Daily Fix – With managing editor, Ann Handley, this group blog posts on all things marketing with participants ranging from Eric Ward to Stephan Spencer to BL Ochman.
- Marketingsherpa Blog – The famous Marketing Sherpa site publishes this well written & cross referenced blog on a range of internet marketing topics from email to search engine optimization by reporters Natalie Myers, Sean Donahue and Adam T. Sutton.
- MarketingVOX – Previously Marketing Wonk, this post I-Search publication founded by Tig Tillinghast.
- Matt Cutts – Google’s famous engineer and search spam fighter dispels wisdom, insight and squashes SEO myths.
- MediaVision Blog – This is an agency blog with numerous contributors writing about online marketing and search engine industry news, observations and malarkey.
- Microsoft Advertising Community Blogs – This is Microsoft”s official support blog for AdCenter advertisers.
- Modern B2B Marketing – Staff from Marketo blogs about a range of BtoB marketing marketing topics.
- MoreVisibility SEM Blog – The team at MoreVisibility cover industry news & events, online advertising, CPC, analytics and updates on the Search Engines.
- Multilingual Search – Andy Atkins Kruger and friends around the world blog about search engines and search marketing news happening outside North America.
- Occam’s Razor – Avinash Kaushik offers quantitative and qualitative insights into online marketing.
- Official Google Webmaster Central Blog – Official blog from Google’s Webmasters.
- Online Marketing Blog – Lee Odden and TopRank team members blog about search marketing, social media as well as interviews, reader polls, SEO blog reviews, marketing tips, guest posts from industry leaders and SEM conference coverage.
- Original Signal – Transmitting Marketing – A little bit of everything from Peter van der Noord, Patrick Huisinga, Tako Steinz and Gert Goet.
- Original Signal Transmitting SEO – Aggregation of the 15 most popular SEO blogs and web sites ranging from Search Engine Watch to Search Engine Land and TopRank’s Online Marketing Blog.
- Own Page One SEV Blog – Ann Arbor, Michigan based search marketing agency Pure Visibility runs the gamut of search marketing topics on this company blog ranging from PPC to local to SEO and even has a category just for Twitter.
- Phil Bradley’s Blog – Internet searching, web design & search engine developments for librarians.
- Proactive Report – Sally Falkow blogs about online PR and social media
- ProBlogger Blog Tips – Darren Rowse helps bloggers add income to their blogs.
- PushONline Marketing – Great blog from the UK doing the full social media thing: images, videos, MySpace and some nods to Twitter. Not without a dose of good humor, check out the videos, “Number One on the Google”, or even better, “Bitch Got Wide Feed”. Brilliant.
- Ramblings About SEO – I was very suprised to see that Eric Enge’s blog, which covers a wide range of topics related to search engine optimization, was not on our list yet, but that’s fixed now.
- Raven SEO Tools Blog – Jon Henshaw and Lee Smith-Bryan of Nashville based Sitening blog mostly about SEO tactics along with the ususal fare of search industry topics and commentary.
- Read/WriteWeb – Next generation web technology from Richard MacManus.
- Receptional – The team at UK internet marketing agency Receptional blog the gamut of web marketing topics including affiliate and search marketing, usability, analytics and social media.
- Reel Video SEO and SEM – Need to know about optimizing video for search? This is the place to find tips, tactics and information on all things related to optimizing and marketing video online written by Mark Robertson.
- ResourceShelf – Gary Price & Shirl Kennedy’s observations on news in the information & web industry.
- ReveNews – Publisher Jim Kukral and friends blog about the affiliate marketing industry covering topics from ecommerce to analytics to blogging.
- RKG Blog – Alan Rimm-Kaufman of the Rimm-Kaufman Group blogs about various online marketing news items and tips along with his own commentary.
- Search Agents-The November winner for the best looking Search Marketing blog. Not only does it offer a clever theme, but content and usability to boot. There are more contributors listed than most SEM agencies have in their employ. Content is balanced between SEO and SEM followed by everybody’s friend, Social Media. The Search Agents is the official corporate blog of The Search Agency, an integrated online marketing firm headquartered in Santa Monica, CA.
- SearchCap: Daily Search Engine News Recap – Search is completely covered by Danny Sullivan, Barry Schwartz, Chris Sherman and Bill Slawski.
- Search Engine Guide Blog – Group blog about search engine optimization.
- Search Engine Journal – Excellent search engine news site by Loren Baker and friends.
- Search Engine Land – Danny Sullivan group blog about search engines and the search marketing industry.
- Search Engine Optimization Facts – Weekly SEO news from Axandra.
- Search Engine People Blog – Based near Toronto Ontario, the SEP team blog about a wide range of search marketing topics with an emphasis on SEO, social media and opinion.
- Search Engine Roundtable – Barry Schwartz aka RustyBrick and friends cover the search engine forums.
- Search Engine Watch blog – Group blog let by Kevin Newcomb posting news from Search Engine Watch and around the web on search engines and marketing online.
- Search Engines – Topix.net – Search engine news from all over the net in one place.
- SemAngel – Gary Angel, President and CTO of Semphonic, writes about all aspects of web analytics for search marketing. This is a great example of a thought leader and subject matter expert blog.
- SEO by the SEA – William Slawski provides Internet marketing & search engine optimization research & services.
- SEO.com Blog – The team at SEO.com blog definitvely about search engine optimization from some pretty creative angles from “If your SEO skills were a song, what would it be?” to movie references like “Transformers of SEO” and Wall-e. There are also plenty of tips and how to’s.
- SEO Copywriting – Let’s celebrate the launch of SEO and wordsmith guru Heather Lloyd-Martin’s snappy new blog about the magic of writing for users and search engines.
- SEO Scoop – Donna Fontenot, aka DazzlinDonna, discusses everything seo.
- SEO Theory – Michael Martinez focuses on search engine optimization theory.
- SEOmoz – News, tips & highlights from the search marketing industry.
- Seth’s Blog – Seth Godin’s blog about marketing.
- Shoemoney – Jeremy Shoemaker’s very popular blog about making money online.
- Shop.org Blog – Group Blog from Shop.org
- SitePoint’s Search Engine Marketing Blog – company blog for SitePoint.
- Sochable – Another new blog on social media. This one is from James Rucker covering the gamut of Digg, MySpace, YouTube, Reddit, Facebook and more.
- Social Media Club – Official blog for Social Media Club written primarily by Chris Heuer and Kristie Wells for the social media community and those seeking to learn more about social media. Promotes sharing best practices, establishing ethics and standards, and media literacy.
- Social Media Podcast and Blog – JD Lasica blogs about new media, social networks and computing.
- State of Digital – What’s going on in the search and social media marketing space? This new blog from Dutch internet marketer, Bas van den Beld of Search Cowboys fame, and friends promises to be a source for what’s happening in the world of search and social. It also compliments a weekly radio show on WebmasterRadio.fm of the same name.
- Stepforth SEO News Blog – Since 2003 the Stepforth blog has covered a range of search marketing industry news and sets a great standard for SEM blog writing. Kudos to Ross Dunn for a great job.
- Straightupsearch – OneUpWeb’s company blog for anyone in advertising, marketing and pr.
- Tamar Search Blog – This isn’t the superwoman blogger Tamar you’re probably thinking of, it’s the Tamar Search Conversion Agency based in London and Capetown with blog topics ranging from search and social media marketing to usability and conversion analytics.
- TechCrunch – Michael Arrington’s popular web 2.0 blog.
- Techmeme – Gabe Rivera’s software agent that covers all the news in technology in one location.
- The Acquisio Blog – Naoise Osborne writes this “Canadian Flavoured Marketing Soup” blog mostly on PPC but a little Foo makes it interesting.
- The Future Buzz – Adam Singer of TopRank Online Marketing blogs about blogging, social media and internet marketing.
- The Internet Marketing Driver – Glenn Gabe covers the gamut of internet marketing topics in this blog and makes up for infrequent posting by going deep on a lot of posts with detialed how to’s and insights into tools, SEO and media.
- The Search Insider – Not to be confused with MediaPost’s “Search Insider”, this blog from Wpromote’s Mike Mothner provides insight into pay per click and the business of search marketing.
- The Social Media Marketing Blog – Scott Monty’s perspectives on B2B & social media.
- Think Traffic – This blog by internet entreprenuer Corbett Barr makes some serious promises: “…teach you the techniques, tools and knowledge you need to build real, sustainable web traffic without a big budget.” Sounds pretty good to me. Corbett relates his experiences with past projects and growing an audience for Think Traffic to the benefit of readers. This very new blog offers practical tips and is well designed enough to get our top listing for this week’s review.
- Traffick – Andrew Goodman writes one of the oldest blogs on search marketing.
- Understanding Google Maps & Yahoo Local Search – The title of this blog by Mike Blumenthal says it all.
- Unofficial SEO Blog – Navneet Kaushal posts news about the SEO industry.
- Vertical Leap Blog – This UK agency blog covers practical search marketing tips, insights specific to UK search engines and industry news. Comments are turned off, which is a disappointment.
- Vertical Measures Blog – This Phoenix, AZ agency blog focuses on SEO, link building, agency events and industry observations, Posts are written mostly by Social Media Architect, Kaila Strong.
- VIZION Blog – Search Engine Watch columnist Mark Jackson and his team at VIZION blog about a wide range of SEO topics, worth subscribing to for sure.
- Volusion’s eCommerce Blog – Articles and resources to boost your online business.
- Web Analytics World – Manoj Jasra from Enquiro shares his wisdom and observations about analytics and search marketing.
- Web Ink Now – David Meerman Scott helps innovative marketers use digital information effectively.
- WebmasterWorld – News and discussions for the Web professional.
- Web Metrics Guru – Marshall Sponder of IBM writes about web analytics and the search marketing industry.
- Website Magazine Blog – A group blog from the publishers of Website Magazine which covers the search engine industry as well as general topics related to online marketing.
- Web Strategy by Jeremiah – Jeremiah Owyang provides web tools to help connect with customers.
- We Build Pages Blog – As the search marketing industry has evolved, so has We Build Pages with a new blog that includes posts from WBP staff, CEO Jim Boykin and the excellent writing style of Lisa Barone.
- What’s Next – BL Ochman’s blog about marketing online and life in NYC.
- Yahoo! Search blog – Official blog about the Yahoo search engine.
- Yahoo! Search Marketing blog – Official blog for Yahoo Search Marketing.
There is no way to get on this list by “submitting” or requesting. I must notice your blog, read it and like it. It’s totally subjective and not an attempt to be a comprehensive resource, but one the we’ve found to be useful at TopRank.
Did your SEO or SEM blog make the cut? Share the good news with your readers using the badge and link below or choose one from the badges page: