Along with other forms of media coverage on the topics of search and online marketing, internet radio has been a great source of content for listening live or via podcast. Some SEO podcasts and online radio are basic and others are very professionally produced. The content varies greatly as well from industry gossip to practical tactics.
Earlier this week I ran an informal poll with about 40 respected search marketers and almost half admitted they didn’t listen to podcasts much, if at all. In fact, some were publishers of podcasts that didn’t listen to other podcasts. Is is it the case that these people were so busy with clients, speaking, writing, testing that they didn’t have time?
One respondent pointed out having to dedicate time to a podcast while multi tasking simply wasn’t productive. The return on time spent wasn’t enough to justify it. Still others, provided 2-5 favorite podcasts along with their urls in a few seconds. Maybe they are the people with long commutes?
WebmasterRadio.FM (TopRank OMB interview with Daron Babin here) is the largest single source of online radio and podcasts on the topic of search marketing that I can tell, so their shows are well represented in the following poll:
What is your favorite search marketing podcast?
- Beginning SEO Podcast - Brian Mark (14%, 70 Votes)
- Daily Search Cast - Danny Sullivan (13%, 65 Votes)
- RSS Ray - Brian Offenberger (13%, 65 Votes)
- Strike Point - Dave Naylor (13%, 64 Votes)
- SEO Radio - Bryan Azorsky (10%, 52 Votes)
- eMarketing Talk Show - Cindy Turrietta (7%, 35 Votes)
- MR SEO - Joe Balestrino (6%, 30 Votes)
- Web Analytics World - Manoj Jasra (4%, 22 Votes)
- Rush Hour - Neil Patel (4%, 21 Votes)
- The Pulse - Barry Schwartz (4%, 20 Votes)
- Good Karma - Greg Niland (3%, 16 Votes)
- Marketing Pilgrim - Andy Beal (3%, 16 Votes)
- SEO Rock Stars - Greg Boser (3%, 15 Votes)
- The Alternative - Jim Hedger (2%, 11 Votes)
- Net Income - Jeremy Shoemaker (1%, 10 Votes)
Total Voters: 512
For reference, here are links to each show page, feed and a list of everyone involved.
- Daily Search Cast – Danny Sullivan – RSS Feed
- SEO Rock Stars – Todd Friesen aka Oilman & WebGuerrilla aka Greg Boser – RSS Feed
- Good Karma – Greg Niland aka GoodROI – RSS Feed
- Rush Hour – Neil Patel aka Princess, Carolyn Shelby aka Cshel & Cameron Olthuis – RSS Feed
- Net Income – Jeremy Shoemaker aka shoemoney – RSS Feed
- Marketing Pilgrim Podcasts – Andy Beal – RSS Feed
- eMarketing Talk Show – Cindy Turrietta, Brooke Schumacher & Todd Sarouhan – RSS Feed
- Web Analytics World – Manoj Jasra – RSS Feed
- SEO Radio – Brad Fallon & Bryan Azorsky – RSS Feed
- The Pulse – Barry Schwartz, Chris Boggs, and Ben Pfeiffer – RSS Feed
- The Alternative – Jim Hedger & Dave Davies – RSS Feed
- Beginning SEO Podcast – David Brown & Brian Mark – RSS Feed
- MR SEO – Joe Balestrino – RSS Feed
- Strike Point – Mikkel deMib Svendsen & Dave Naylor – RSS Feed
- RSS Ray – Brian Offenberger – RSS Feed
This is not a comprehensive list, but is a list that represents the podcasts and shows suggested when I polled 40 different search marketers on what their favorite search marketing shows were as well as a few others. Additional suggestions in the comments are welcome, although they will not be added to this poll.